- Compression Stockings – improve circulation in the lower legs. They help the tissues flush excess fluid away and prevent future buildup and swollen legs.
- Exercise –moving swollen legs will flush excess fluid and provides leg edema treatment.
- Elevation – raising swollen legs above the heart will allow gravity to help recovery.
PLEASE NOTE: While some or all of these options may be effective in temporarily easing the pain of plantar fasciitis, they can also be difficult, costly, uncomfortable, and even dangerous!
Keep reading to see why the FS6 Compression Foot Sleeve is a better alternative.
- Swollen legs
- Swollen and tender ankles, feet, calves
- Heavy, tired, or achy feeling in the legs
- Pain while walking or shortly after stopping movement
- Applied pressure leaves an indentation
Edema Causes and Risk Factors
- High blood pressure
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Venous insufficiency
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Eating too much salty foods
- High sodium intake
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
What is Edema (Swollen Legs & Feet)?
Edema is the buildup of excess fluid in body tissue, resulting in swelling of that body part. Often, mild swelling from an injury or infection is part of the healing process. But, chronic swelling can be a sign of serious health conditions that need attention.
Leg edema is a recognized symptom of many serious conditions. You should see a medical professional if swelling in your legs is not related to a minor injury or infection.